Our Stories - A disability awareness and education community project
‘our stories’ travelled around New Zealand from 2007 to 2009 and brought you the voices of disabled people from your own community. It is envisaged that ‘our stories’ will create opportunities in your community for new relationships, dialogue and change. This two year community based project sponsored by CCS Disability Action and IHC.
- The project is made up of:
- EXHIBITION - “My name is …..” an exhibition of stunning black and white photos by Hanne Johnsen
- WORKSHOP - Educational workshops for students in years 5-8
- WORKSHOP - Film Fest workshops for students in years 7-8
- WORKSHOP - Employers Evening
- WORKSHOP - Community Development Evening
- BOOK – ‘The Man With No Arms and Other Stories’ by Glenn Busch
To find out more about each of these - click the links above.
‘our stories’ tells you about the barriers to inclusion that exist for disabled people. This website brings you voices from the worlds of education, employment and day-to-day life: what is working well; what barriers remain; what you can do to bring about change.
Explore our site and let us know what is happening in your community and what steps you can take to ensure your community is inclusive.